Right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a new normal. Staying away from friends and loved ones is now essential, but can take a toll on our mental health. There are many apps to take advantage of to keep in touch with the people most important to you. Here are 5 of our favorite apps for social distancing apps.
- Marco Polo. Marco Polo is like video text messages. Chat between two people or create a group with multiple people. This app allows you to record video messages to be watched at any time. Since it’s not a live chat, you can watch and record at your leisure. There are also fun filters and voice changers to make things a little more fun!
- Airtime. Airtime is a social app that allows you watch videos together with your friends while you chat on one screen. Set up a chat with your friends or loved ones and add the content of your choice. This can include YouTube videos, songs from Soundcloud, select TV shows and movies, or even your favorite memes. Chat and get your friends’ reactions live!
- Rave. Since being in quarantine raves and clubs have been shut down for weeks. Luckily with the Rave app, you can share music, playlists, and videos with friends in real-time. You and your friends are able to share your thoughts with the text and voice call options. There’s also an option to act as a RaveDJ! This gives you the option to create playlists and enjoy at home karaoke parties or just have a dance party with friends!
- Google Hangouts. Hangouts are a great way to video chat or text across multiple devices. You can use your phone, computer, tablet, etc. to live video chat with friends and family. If you have a Gmail account you are ready to use Google hangouts! It’s simple and easy to use for all ages.
- Houseparty. Houseparty is a video chat app that was made to create the same feel of a small, intimate gathering with friends or family. This app can connect up to eight participants face-to-face for live chatting. It is free and available on iOS and Android devices.
It’s important to check in with your friends and loved ones during this unusual time. Many are home and lonely and would love to see your smiling face. Share this article with them and ask them, which fun way to connect they’d prefer. We hope everyone stays healthy and safe. Our team at iDropped phone repair shop looks forward to seeing everyone soon!