Avoid having a total meltdown by protecting your phone from the brutal summer temperatures and harsh, outdoor conditions. Here are some easy tips on how to protect your phone in summer so you can keep your mobile device dry, safe, and sand-free.
- Steer clear of your hot car – It’s tempting to leave your phone in the glove box while you’re hitting the beach, but doing so can definitely cause it to overheat.
- Invest in non-greasy sunscreen – Unless you plan to slip, slide, and get your phone covered in it, non-greasy sunscreen is definitely the way to go.
- Waterproof your device – Considering water damage is one of the most common problems with broken phones, a waterproof case can really help you avoid a catastrophe.
- Bag it – Plastic bags are a convenient, cheap, and easy way to protect your phone from sand, sunscreen, runny popsicles and just about anything else you can think of.
- Made in the shade – Remember, your phone doesn’t need to be soaking in the sun just because you are. Take an extra second and put it in a shady spot under your blanket, bag or chair.
- Be aware – Don’t assume that you’re phone temp is just right while you’re busy baking in the sun. Check it often and take action if your phone’s temperature is too hot.
- Be active – If you think you’re phone is overheated … it probably it is. Don’t play guessing games and just turn it off now.
- Get Sticky – If you’re tracking sand into the car and house, chances are good it can end up on your phone. With just a little bit of scotch tape, you can easily pick it up the same way you remove lint from a pilly sweater.
- Go Anti-Glare – Using an anti-glare screen protector can really improve your visibility, allow you to keep you phone’s brightness down. This also helps to prevent overheating and prolongs your battery life.
- Number one fan – One of the best ways to cool down an overheated phone is to place it directly in front of a fan if you happen to have one handy.
If you have any other tips on how to protect your phone in summer, please leave them in the comments below!